9.07.2013

Diary of a Coffee Skeptic


The other day I was daydreaming in my apartment. The twinkling Christmas lights that I have strung about my room always put me in fantastic, pensive moods. The start of September brought Autumn to mind [as if I don't think about it enough already]. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt and truly convinced myself that it was cold outside. It was then that I developed the yearly craving for

Cinnamon, pumpkin, and caramel, oh my!

What to do, what to do . . .
A voice in the back of my mind charmingly whispered "coffee."

"Ooh good idea" I thought. "Wait, what? Did I really just say YES to coffee?"
"A Pumpkin Spice Latte will fix you up nicely"
"But I hate coffee. Coffee tastes like chalk!"
"Don't start quoting Patty Mayonnaise! You're twenty years old, attend college, and go countless hours without sleep quite often. You need to attempt to acquire the taste. Plus, for 'Pumpkin Spice' you can get over the 'latte' part"
"Yeah, you're I'm right. I guess it's time"

Time for what? To stop talking to myself, yeah, but also to pull one of my maneuvers. . . The kind where I force myself to do something [in this case drink something] until I fall in love with it. Past examples include Dr. Pepper, bananas, and Cheerwine [which may or may not still be a work in progress].

- - - Others have tried to convert me to a coffee-drinker in the past, but if they knew me at all then they would have realized that their efforts were no good. I am stubborn and I do things when I want to do them.

 So if you're reading this and you once have tried to make me like coffee, then I would just like you to refer back to the "Potty Training Complex" when contemplating mentioning any comments in my direction that even slightly resemble the following: "I told you that you'd like it." , "Hey you finally like coffee!" , "I tried to tell you what you've been missing out on!" AKA actually saying "I told you so..."  - - -

Just like with sushi, I need to try a variety of things to discover what I like and dislike! Follow me while I venture out in search of my favorite tasse de café, or at least for now the one that makes me cringe the least. Don't judge, though I know you will, but I'm using Starbucks as my starting point. I trust that whatever they make will be a uniform representation of whatever I order. Once I begin to figure out what I actually enjoy, then I will search for other places who possibly make it better. I can't help that I'm a n00b!

Diary of a Coffee Skeptic will be a snapshot of my brain on coffee. I'll talk about what new things I'm trying, how I feel about each, etc. Again, this 'series' will be a judgement free zone as I plan for it to be very raw. Raw in the sense of putting my real thoughts on paper computer screen. Clearly my n00biness makes me quite uneasy!

Adventure Coffee is out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...