5.08.2012

Ingrid Michaelson

"piggy bank on the floor"



Time to blog about the super-exciting & super-cute double-date to the Ingrid Michaelson concert! Spurlock&Katelyn and Me&Anthony ventured into a sea of people at a tiny bar in Charlotte. As expected, the majority of the crowd were women, what we didn't expect is that they were mostly lesbians. Must be the strong female figure attitude that Ingrid has and shows all the time. Anyway, we had a blast! I drove to pick up Anthony in the afternoon and we raced 2 and 1/2 hours back in the rain to get there on time! Here are some dinky little photos:

{me & aj}
{good thing I had him to lift me up}

{Ingrid}

{You & I}

Let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the south of France
Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance
Let's get rich and build a house on a mountain makin' everybody look like ants
From way up there,
You & I
     You & I 

{sorry, no pix of spur & kate :b }

Hilariously, Ingrid & her band went off stage after singing *we found love in a hopeless placeeee* which OBVIOUSLY isn't one of hers. We all looked confused [Anthony had fallen asleep standing up behind me anyway & didn't notice]. She did come back to sing 'You and I' [aka the reason I started listening to her] as well as that chain song.

Twas a wonderful night that ended in Anthony carrying my new converse while I walked barefoot to the car in the pouring rain... he yelled at me for being 'reckless' but I enjoyed every minute of the rain [and the defiance, hehe]


SO, p.s. :
 
{this is one of the next shows coming to the bar, lol}



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...