11.03.2012

Bibliotheque

I ventured out into the chilly weather to come to the library
While I've previously mentioned my hatred for this cold, silent, and creepy 10-story building...
I've hated nothing more than the very bedroom I sleep in each night.

Rewind to the end of Spring Semester last year...
Moving out of Sanford should have been a joyful experience. Getting away from the community showers, noisy neighbors, and minimal space was definitely a relief, but as I turned around to shut the door for the very last time, I became sentimental.

Looking around the room I saw every positive and negative emotion I felt in that space. I saw myself sitting at my desk Skyping with my friends, dancing around being silly with my roommate, laying in bed arguing with my ex, pacing back and forth tearing up over the loss of Abby, and curling up into the corner of my bed screaming and crying hysterically about Gary's passing. I could literally see all of these things before my eyes. It shocked me how vivid I made everything. I didn't want to leave it all behind. SO much had changed in one short year...


So not only is there a giant mess stretching to every corner of my current room, but standing at my door looking in I see every emotion I have felt there. I won't get into all that I feel when I sit at my desk, but I know it makes me want to jump out the window and run as fast as I can. How do you get these memories and feelings to leave your room for good?

At this point I have no solution... 
so here I am, in the library I once dreaded... 
feeling more comfortable and happier than ever


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...