4.14.2012

Stellar Day

my little black&purple dress


Warm weather has brought the smooth legs, tan skin [coming soon] and sun dresses out of me! I love wearing dresses just about as much as I love painting my nails and shopping for shoes. What can I say, I’m a girl! 

Today I feel amazing. I think there are five key elements to this wonderful day. 
     One- the uncontrollable warm weather. I wish I could make everyday feel like today. Although, I suppose without the “shitty” cold days, days like today wouldn’t be so marvelous! 
     Two- a good nights’ sleep. I woke up today not being able to remember falling asleep or sleeping at all. I slept soundly in one position all night. I feel energetic, yet calm, and recharged. This well slept brain (and some early morning Pinteresting) mixed with my “carefree” attitude of the week just led my to a very productive and organized feeling afternoon. 
     Three- Hot shower, painted toes, and flowery dress. I just feel pretty today. I had all the time in the world to just take a nice relaxing and hot shower. I felt so clean afterwards. I re-painted my toe nails to my Coral Reef color, which I adore, and did my make-up all nice. With some nice complements from my boyfriend, I walked out the door with confidence and it hasn’t rubbed off me since! 
     Four- My friends! I ate lunch with Alette & Spurlock [us three and Ian will be the only one’s left next year!] at Cone today. We joked, laughed and had a great time. Sugar Glyder and BKTF played over the speakers while I ate my Bojangles’ chicken and I just got to reminisce the old times, while thinking and looking forward to the future.  
     Five- French. French class this morning was equisite. Each day I have that class it re-instills in me my love for the language and culture. If I didn’t break my flip flops at the beach over Spring Break I would totally be wearing My French Dress today. Bummer! 

So what was the result of my amazing mood? SMILES. Smiles everywhere from everyone. All my passers-by have looked up at me and smiled. Could every one just be reflecting the sunny weather as much as I am? Did they two just have gotten an exceptional night’s sleep? Surely they are not under the influence of all my three things (dress, nail polish, and hot shower) because I would definitely have noticed a boy in a dress! Or maybe they’re just enjoying the sight of my three things?? Because I’m very sure that there are many other beautiful women & girls around me when I walk to class that they could be smiling at. Of course my friends are four my pleasure only and they’re not known by all people on campus. And finally I known for damn sure that all these people, (except for possibly five of them) do not speak French or love it as much as I do. So what was it? Maybe all of these things combining inside me just made me glow with happiness and confidence, something you can just read on people faces. 

However it happened, I definitely want to replicate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...