4.16.2012

Perry's Assassination

oh there you are perry

perry

This morning started out bad and I should have taken the signs to not go to class. The daily leaf blower was out again at eight o’clock in the morning. After hitting the snooze button twice and trying to sleep through the noise, I quickly popped my head out into the hall and listened if anyone was in the shower. Sure enough, it was running. After trials and errors of three people showering, I finally just stood at the door & jumped in the second I got a chance. It was a nice shower. A quick one though. I blow dried my hair, and by the time I was doing my make-up, at only 9:07, our neighbors were ready to walk to class and standing agitated in the hall. I took my good sweet time getting ready, I was not going to rush my morning for them. If they were in that much of a rush then they could have left me. I put my backpack on and still had multiple items to pickup in my room, but I took one step towards the door and they walked away. I quickly grabbed my breakfast, keys, phone and of course forgot my sunglasses. 

The walk was not very pleasant and I got to class too early. The upside was that the boy next to me told me a funny story about his Twitter, but I still should have never gotten out of bed. At 9:51, my life ended. I always keep my cell phone next to me on the desk on vibrate, but being in such a rush this morning I forgot to turn the sound off. SO, when an anonymous number* sent me a text message, Perry the Platypus blasted his chatter to the full room of approximately 105 people. Eighty percent of their heads turned around and all I did was stare back with wide guilty eyes. 

People giggled and looked confused. I should have turned around too and acted as if the noise had come from behind me. It would have worked, I was sitting at the very back. I was very cautious not to touch my phone and reveal myself to some who were still possibly clueless of the culprit. I needed to turn the sound off though so it wouldn’t happen again. Because it was very loud in this quiet quiet room. The teacher definitely heard and I was sure if she heard it again that she would say something. I slowly and casually reached for it, then frantically turned to volume down. I wanted to throw my phone in the trash and hide my face behind my sadly only thirteen inch mac. 

The worst part: I could barely hold back my laughs. All I could think of is how my roommate would react when I told her the story & laughed until I cried. I eventually realized that this situation was far too serious to laugh at right now and my face became as “normal” as I could make it.

*Text wasn't even important. It was a spam text about buying & selling mattresses :| LMK if you're interested! {sarcasm}

&that's the time Perry the Platypus embarrassed me to death 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...